Friday, May 13, 2011

KEEP IT UNDER YOUR HAT!!



The first memories I have of my Paternal Grandmother was working along side her in her garden, somewhere around the age of 3-4 (ish). (yes, yes, long, long ago!) She always wore a BIG straw hat. She always wore that BIG straw hat when she was out in the boat fishing, as the lady LOVED to fish!!! Her garden, as I remember it, was the most beeeeeutiful garden in the whole world! Grandmother's garden actually was surrounded by a white picket fence! SERIOUSLY!!! A garden with a WHITE PICKET FENCE! It just doesn't get any better than that!!! As I recall--------I don't even think there where any weeds in Grandmother's garden!!! (gotta love those memories)! She was always 'working' in her garden, I was always making the most gorgeous mud pies under one of her apple trees! In those days, a lady never exposed her skin to the sun, those gals where so smart! All you red-headed, fair-skinned offspring of mine------------PLEEZ, PLEEZ put a hat on your head when you are outside!!!! Master D.----when you are golfing, put on the hat, Mrs. K. ---when you are gardening, put on the hat, etc. etc. to the rest of U's!!! What is it you need to keep under your hat, you ask???? WELLL---your HEAD, of course!!! Whatever became of my Grandmother with the big straw hat? I look at her every morning in the mirror. I have become that G'ma-----------A message to Edna------'May I follow your footsteps down that garden path and inspire others as you did me, dear Lady.' The best accessories a farm gal/guy can have-----a good straw hat, a good pair of work gloves, and some packets of seeds!!! Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment