Monday, March 14, 2011

THE CHILDREN ARE NESTLED AND SNUG IN THEIR WEE LITTLE BEDS----


Sunny day today---so-- once again packed all plants out to the greenhouse to 'soak up the RARE sun that we have had. FINALLY-----it is not supposed to freeze tonite, soooooooo---should I or shouldn't I? Should I or shouldn't I? Finally made the ultimate decision to leave plants in the greenhouse overnight, totally covered with blankets over the plastic covers (really not blankets---just old curtains, sheets, pieces of fabric that have been around for years and years just for 'plant covering' purposes wheather it be in the Spring or in the Fall---whenever our friendly weatherman reports that it may FREEZE!!! Sooooo-the 'green children' are spending their first night OUT in the greenhouse! Do have a heater out there, but with big hole in roof thought it would be a waste of precious $$$$$ to turn it on and have $$$$$ go out the roof!!! We shall see what happens in the morning!!! Will I get any sleep tonight? Will I give in and go pack the plants all back inside? Will I have to start planting all over again? Well--------will let you know tomorrow----OH, BY THE WAY--------------after I got through covering all plants feeling confident that with a bit of protection they would NOT freeze--------------I went over to the water hook-up and UNhooked the hose----------------just in case it froze!!! Go Figure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment