Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WHAT A WAY TO START THE DAY!!!

Meet my precious Avalon, my one and only milking goat at this time. This is how I start my day, milking Avalon!!! I must admit----she is a real 'trooper' this year. We kinda had to spend last year getting aquainted---but we have sooooooooo got 'it together!' She is my new best friend, and hopefully will have several more years milking her. Her kid from last year, Babe, will be my up and coming milker for next spring. She is 'practicing milking' now. Babe jumps up on the stantion every evening and eats her 'yummys' and practices milking soooo she will be ready next year when we have to get serious!! Then---along will come Fancy and Hershey Kissis (you know, he's a she!!). My goal was 3 milking goats, will settle for 4. Have lots of goat milk in the freezer waiting to become goat cheese, just as soon as time allows.

Still cold, still windy, actually had the stove on earlier---this has never happened in the middle of June!!!!!!!!!! Stuff still in the greenhouse----am thinking this will NOT be the year of the fantasic garden---------but, will adjust and life will go on!!!XOXOXOXOgmasu...

No comments:

Post a Comment