Tuesday, February 16, 2010

THOSE SILLY DUCKS!

FINALLY----got back to doing my chores! Felt good! G'pa went back to work, so I was 'back on the job!' Thanx, G'pa for doing chores so I could go see Alex-AND-spend the day with 5 grandsons, daughters, sons, and a whole bunch of extended family--what a truly great family!!!


K---'silly ducks'---as I was doing my chores and taking my routine walk along the ditch bank to see who was IN and who was OUT of the water-you know, the morning 'duck bill' count-------noticed an egg laying on the edge of the canal, in the water (barely). Why do the ducks have to have their nests so close to the water on a STEEP bank so their eggs roll into the water??? (cause their ducks!) Had to put the waders on (glamorous things that they are, (blue)), and tromp along the canal to see how many nests in the 'unreachable' area), anybody have a boat??? Did find 2 nests, with eggs, sooooooo looks like there will be an extra step to morning chores---climbing down the steep bank, wading through the canal and checking for duck eggs!!! Love those duck eggs!!! XOXOXOXOX gmasu...

1 comment: